Synthetic silicone rubber material is more and more widely used, now silicone rubber products have been involved in household supplies, mother and child supplies, gifts, jewelry and other types. This is mainly because silicone rubber has other plastics do not have the advantage, this paper introduces the six characteristics of silicone rubber products.
(I) Excellent high and low temperature resistance
Silicone rubber products have the widest range of working temperature (-100 ~ 350℃), excellent ozone aging resistance, oxygen aging resistance, weathering aging performance, silicone rubber vulcanizates in free state outdoor exposure after several years, the performance has no significant change.
(3) excellent electrical insulation performance
The silicon dioxide generated after combustion is still an insulator and the silicon rubber has excellent corona and arc resistance.
(4) Special surface performance and physiological inertia
Silicone rubber products surface can be lower than most organic materials, therefore, it has low hygroscopicity, long-term soaking in water its water absorption rate is only 1%, physical and mechanical properties do not decline, mildew proof performance is good, in addition, it is not sticky to the material, can have an isolation effect. Silicone rubber tasteless, non-toxic, no adverse effects on the human body.
High air permeability
The permeation capacity of N2, O2 and air at room temperature is 30 ~ 40 times higher than that of NR. It also has the selective permeability of gas, and the permeation capacity of O2 is 21 times higher than that of NNR.
(6) Oil resistance, radiation resistance and combustion resistance of special silicone rubber products.
(1) Oil resistance: Good stability at room temperature and high temperature for aliphatic, aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbon solvents, petroleum-based fuel oil, lubricating oil, hydraulic oil, etc., and good resistance to ethanol, acetone, etc.
(2) Flame retardancy: flame retardants can be prepared.
(3) Radiation resistance.